Thursday, May 5, 2011

L&L Hawaiian BBQ

Yesterday I had to go to Gardena, and I figured I better pick up some Hawaiian food while I'm there - so I went to L&L. As I wrote in my comment on a USC Foodies blog post, most locals don't like L&L because they don't think it's "authentic" enough. But I like L&L! And I definitely agree with them that L&L is a good deal.

I usually stick to the chicken katsu, since that is usually decent at any L&L you go to. I wasn't really in the mood for fried battered food, so I decided to take a risk yesterday (it really is a risk when you try other dishes at different L&L's, since they're all franchises) by trying the barbecue chicken and even the spam musubi! (I have never ordered spam musubi on the mainland before. L&L's was so-so; if you're really craving a spam musubi, it'll do.)

Chicken katsu plate

Barbecue chicken mini plate

Spam musubi 2 piece

1 comment: