Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bath & Body Works opens at Ala Moana Shopping Center



Bath & Body Works opened its first Hawai'i store yesterday at Ala Moana Shopping Center.

Ken Montera, executive vice president of the company, said, "It's incomparable. I've been here almost 13 years, I've opened up almost 700 stores, and I've never seen anything like this." The grand opening at Ala Moana attracted an even bigger crowd than Bath & Body Works attracts on Black Friday.

I know that Bath & Body Works is a local favorite, but yesterday's turnout was incredible! As people get used to having the store on the island, I think the sales will slow - people can only use soap so quickly. And hopefully Bath & Body Works coming to Hawai'i does not compromise its popularity among locals (I always thought one of the main reasons everyone brought back Bath & Body Works from the mainland was because of its novelty appeal)...

In any case, I am grateful the prices are the same as on the mainland, and I am looking forward to checking out the store when I go home in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment