Saturday, April 9, 2011

Oahu's Never-Ending Rail Project

I came across this article while browsing the news on the Honolulu Star Bulletin website:

New developments show rail project way off track

I am not surprised, but it is still disappointing. I am not exactly sure when this rail project was first started, but I know that talk about it began a LONG time ago. Of course, not much progress has been made over the decades. Sadly, this is pretty typical of Hawai'i. My relatives say that Honolulu looks the same as it did the last time they visited, which was about 20 years ago. Compare this to places I have traveled to recently - Singapore and Shanghai - and it is quite disheartening to realize just how stagnant our state is.

I question if the rail project will ever be completed...

No comments:

Post a Comment