Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fickle Weather in LA

Southern California weather is generally pretty good, but it has been so strange lately! Coming back to LA from Hawai'i at the end of spring break, we were greeted by a storm - cold, wet weather after a week of beautiful sunshine and warmth... Then it got really warm (high 80's/low 90's), but only for a couple of days. Then back down to the 60's. And then came the wind, which makes the weather seem unbearably freezing - at least to many people from Hawai'i!

Weather like this makes me appreciate Hawai'i's "perfect" weather a lot more. I really do think that it is perfect - or at least as close to perfect as you can get! Growing up in Hawai'i, I think that most of us take it for granted. It is almost always between 70's and low 80's, the rain is warm (and clean!), and the breeze is pleasant and cool. Best of all, we get to enjoy this weather all year - it never gets too hot or too cold.

But LA's weather is not bad. The summers can be too hot, and the winter is usually a little too cold for my liking, but I know that I am spoiled; it is usually pleasant enough, and I can definitely handle it.

In any case, I know that living away from the islands has given me a much greater appreciation of the weather at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment