Thursday, April 14, 2011

Abundance of local food in Gardena

My previous post about the Signs of Hawaiian Life section in the Honolulu Star Advertiser reminded me of my drive through Gardena yesterday... I had already known that there were quite a few Hawaiian food places in Gardena, but I didn't realize just how many they were until yesterday. The following is a list of some of the "local food" places in Gardena:
  • Bruddah's
  • Bob's Okazuya
  • L&L Hawaiian BBQ - Gardena
  • Marukai food court
  • Gardena Bowl Coffee Shop (serves local food)
  • Harry's Cafe
  • Teriyaki Hawaii
  • Ohana Grill Hawaiian BBQ
I am not exactly sure why Gardena has so many Hawaiian food places... Perhaps there are a lot of Hawai'i transplants in that area. I tried looking it up online, but I couldn't find anything - probably have to ask Southern California residents about it to find out.

I've been to a few of the local food places in Gardena this year - Bruddah's, Bob's, L&L, and Marukai. It's always nice to see local people and eat local food.

Here are a couple pictures of the USC Hawai'i Club at Bob's Okazuya and Marukai:

Bob's Okazuya

Marukai

No comments:

Post a Comment